Friday, January 8, 2021

Mindfulness Workbook for Stress Relief

Author:  April Snow, LMFT
Genre:   Self-Help

Paperback; Digital Book
ISBN #:  9781647398040
Rockridge Press
196 Pages
$13.79; $9.99 Amazon
December 8, 2020

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Mindfulness is a powerful and proven method for reducing stress and its negative health effects.  Mindfulness Workbook for Stress Relief shows you how to relieve tension and find calm using soothing, restorative techniques like meditation, non-judgment, self-inquiry, and mind-body awareness.

Featuring helpful exercises and simple meditations, this hands-on stress management workbook delivers a wide variety of effective mindfulness tools that you can add to your self-care toolbox, such as breath awareness, body scans, mindful walking, and more.

Practical & Actionable.  With a beginner-friendly focus, the book covers a spectrum of everyday situations and science-based solutions.

Evidence-Based Approach.  Explore engaging mindfulness-based stress reduction exercises that are proven to help relieve stress, anxiety, chronic pain, and sleep issues.

Situational Success.  Learn how to address stress triggers in many areas of daily life, such as relationships, work, and beyond.

Take a deep breath and begin your practice today with this evidence-based mindfulness workbook.

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽
 
I ordered this book because I have found myself living a life with heavy stress.  Without going into deep detail, let's just say that there was an operation with every complication imaginable that I am still recovering from; and once my doctor told my husband and myself that there was to be no stress of any kind in my life, I knew I had to find something to help me stay relaxed.

While I was skeptical, I found that the exercises in this book do truly help me.  I've practiced most of them, and found the simplest to work the best.  There are also mini-questionnaires that you can read and respond to, if you like.  While I've never been fond of questionnaires of any kind, the one that struck me was writing a journal without using judgmental words.  One finds out quickly how we judge things in our lives and even ourselves.  I have learned to tread softly in my life, to relax more, and to stay focused on just the day.  

While there is nothing such as a 'miracle cure' to anything, I believe that this book will help others to relax and let go of stress in their life.  Highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Battered and Buried (An All-Day Breakfast Cafe Mystery Book 7)

Author:     Lena Gregory Genre:      Mystery Paperback; Digital Book ISBN #:     9781960511584 Beyond the Page Publishing 188 Pages $14.99; ...