Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Complete Book of Healthy Smoothies (115 Smoothie Recipes to Nourish, Heal, and Energize)

Author:    Andrea Mathis, MA, RDN, LD
Genre:     Cookbooks

⭐⭐⭐


When you need a nutritious breakfast on-the-go or a midday snack, it doesn't get any easier than a smoothie.  This book offers more than 100 tried-and-true recipes packed with fruits and veggies, superfoods, plant- or animal-based proteins, healthy fats, fiber, and complex carbohydrates.

Enjoy them at any time of day for a range of health and wellness benefits, including a morning energy boost or an afternoon pick-me-up; healthy skin, hair, and nails; weight management and balanced eating; and more.  With helpful tips and tricks for making the most of your blends, and nutritional information included with every recipes, you can add a nourishing routine into your daily life in the form of a fast, easy, and refreshing drink.

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

First of all, let me state that I love smoothies.  Where I live it's warm pretty much most of the year, and it's a lot easier to grab things out of the freezer and fridge (where I keep plenty of fruits and vegetables), and throw them into the Ninja instead of cooking a full meal (since it's only my husband and myself, this works pretty much well).

Anyway, I found this book interesting in that the author managed to throw nuts and seeds into almost every smoothie, so those allergic to nuts might want to pass this one on by (which is the reason for the star rating).  Also, and this is personal preference, I refuse to drink any 'nut' or 'oat' milk; so the substitutions I made probably changed the taste.  

However, even with my own substitutions, the smoothies I did make came out tasting pretty good.  So I guess that the end result is the fact that if you want to use the recipes as written, they will probably be very good smoothies; but a lot of people won't have these ingredients on hand and may even have to go to specialty stores to find them.  Other than that, the recipes are pretty decent, but I can't see making all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Battered and Buried (An All-Day Breakfast Cafe Mystery Book 7)

Author:     Lena Gregory Genre:      Mystery Paperback; Digital Book ISBN #:     9781960511584 Beyond the Page Publishing 188 Pages $14.99; ...