Friday, October 8, 2021

Book Nerd

Author:    Holly Maguire
Genre:     Humor

Hardcover
ISBN #:    9781523510269
Workman Publishing
112 Pages
$9.74 Amazon
April 13, 2021

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


You know you're a book nerd when,,,

  • You have a minimum of five books on your night table.
  • You never once thought the movie was better.
  • Your favorite mug says "I'd rather be reading."
  • You use words like librocubicularist in casual conversation (though no conversation about books is ever "casual").
Charming, affectionate, and unabashed in its celebration of bookishness, this little love letter is for every avid reader.

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

When I saw the title of this little book, I knew I had to have it.  It's whimsical nad funny, and oh, so correct about book nerds.  I've been a book nerd my entire life.  I read Gone with the Wind when I was nine years old, and read the dictionary just "for fun" when I was pre-teen.  Yeah, I'm that kind of book nerd.  And proud of it, too.  As far back as I can remember, I've loved and read books.  Ever since my mother or father read one to me, I was hooked.

So this little book is perfect for that.  It gives you words and definitions of words you might never know or have heard, or ones you've actually used that others have never heard.  It tells you what type of 'shelver' you are; (I shelve books by subject); has tons of quotes by people, tells you about the oldest and largest libraries in the world.  Just little bits of information here and there, and every page has illustrations that are both humorous and fun.  

The very best part is at the back of the book: there are three tear-out bookmarks (as if I don't have enough already - no, I don't) that are just so cute.  This book should be read by every book nerd, and cherished.  If my husband questions why I love books, I'm going to tell him to read this!  Highly recommended.

I was given a copy of this book from Amazon and the publisher but this in no way influenced my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Battered and Buried (An All-Day Breakfast Cafe Mystery Book 7)

Author:     Lena Gregory Genre:      Mystery Paperback; Digital Book ISBN #:     9781960511584 Beyond the Page Publishing 188 Pages $14.99; ...