Monday, January 24, 2022

Behavioral Astrology: How to Interpret Your Relationships, Soul, and Self Through the Zodiac Signs

Author:    Charlie Emerson
Genre:     Reference/Self-Help

Hardcover; Paperback; Digital Book
ISBN #:    9798787311013; 9798786098892
Independently Published
246 Pages
$46.20; $10.89; $1.99 Amazon

⭐⭐⭐⭐



Why do I feel anxious all the time?  When will I find 'the one'?  What is my purpose in this life?  We're all on a never-ending quest for guidance, answers, and solutions.  You may spend hours completing personality tests, reading self-help books, or visiting a tarot reader who will give you a glimpse of your fate.  It's only natural that you want to know yourself better, make sense of the world around you, and seek out the tools to help you overcome challenges.  That's the main reason why behavioral astrology exists -- to answer questions about you.

Astrology is often thought of as a form of entertainment.  In fact, many people never go beyond their daily horoscopes and obsessively checking compatibility with their crush.  This surface knowledge doesn't begin to cover the astrological wisdom of the stars shared across lifetimes of study and practice.  When you take the time to go deeper into your natal chart, you will start to uncover:
  • The planetary influence in your life
  • The karmic past you didn't know you had
  • and how celestial bodies can impact your patterns of behavior
With this renewed self-awareness, you can begin to understand what you need for a life of love, success, and prosperity.

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

First off, let me state that I have a healthy respect for astrology.  I began to study it myself when I was a teen, and have charted for myself as well as others.  Therefore, I am always open to learning more, and I enjoy reading new publications that might give insight now and then.  Unfortunately, in this book, I did not find that.

While this book is great for telling people how things work -- the Sun, Moon, Aspects, etc.; and it explains them very well, I was torn because it gave some information that I found erroneous.  The sun signs that this book regards as ideal for relationships for myself are all wrong.  In fact, the sun sign that the author thinks will run from me I have been with for nearly 30 years, and married to for nearly twenty.  Explain that.  The ones he thinks I would work with?  Nope.  Those relationships never worked.  So you see, you cannot go by sun sign.  There are so many more considerations, which were never gone into.

However, again, this book does a good job of giving information regarding the explanation of the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Aspects, Transitions, etc.; and that is information that you need to know.  I honestly just think that before you take all this information to heart you need to forget the last part of the book (that gives you compatibilities) and rather work with your own heart and head.  Don't live by the page.

This book just didn't show me anything I didn't already know, and while it is a fairly good reference book, I can't see using it myself; but it is an excellent place to start for others.

I received an advance copy of this book through Reading Deals and Amazon but this in no way influenced my review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Battered and Buried (An All-Day Breakfast Cafe Mystery Book 7)

Author:     Lena Gregory Genre:      Mystery Paperback; Digital Book ISBN #:     9781960511584 Beyond the Page Publishing 188 Pages $14.99; ...