Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Black Cat Comes Back

The Accidental Ghost Detective Prequel

Author:    Emmie Lyn
Genre:     Mystery/Paranormal

Digital Book
ASIN #:    B0CW1H2BJN
Tule Publishing
83 Pages
$.99 Amazon
September 23, 2024

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


I'm Audrey Fernsby, just a ghost of my former self floating around Moonlight Mansion in Frog Hollow, Georgia.  My death was ruled accidental...but nothing is farther from the truth.

When my precious black cat, Mocha, returns on the same night that two friends, Tilly and Sunny, arrive from Maine, I plan to out my ghostly self and enlist their clever sleuthing capabilities.

Mocha knows the truth but can she help catch the killer before someone else ends up dead in my rose bushes?

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

Audrey Fernsby is -- was -- the owner of Moonlight Mansion B&B in Frog Hollow, Georgia.  That's before someone unceremoniously did away with her one night about a month ago.  But her friend Tilly, and Tilly's friend, Sunny, don't know that.  Tilly has been summoned by a letter from Audrey -- whom she hadn't heard from in years -- asking for help.  Unfortunately, they've arrived too late.  But still early enough to help Audrey, who's a ghost.

Yes, a ghost, who has been waiting for them, so she can ask their help in discovering who killed her.  The people who were there that fateful night will be once again with them for the reading of the will.  And it's not going to be pretty...

I usually don't read prequels (for my own reasons), but this one had me interested, and since I love the series, I thought I'd give it a shot.  I wasn't really surprised at the writing, since Ms. Lyn is a talented writer; but the contents are what I found intriguing.  

Moonlight Mansion is described in detail, as is part of Audrey's life we don't get to see in the future books, as she's, well, a ghost.  But it gives insight as well on her friend Birdie, and now Tilly.  I'd love to hear more about that ocean voyage so long ago, but that's for another time.

Audrey's cat Mocha has been missing since Audrey died, but shows up when the two women arrive.  And of all things, loves to spend time with Sunny, which is strange because no one but Audrey could touch her.  And Mocha knows who the killer is.  So now the three women must try and ferret out a killer, using only their wits, which, luckily, are aplenty...

This was a delightful read, and I enjoyed it very much.  The ending was unexpected, and I will say no more than that since this is a short book, but worth it all.  If you haven't read the Accidental Ghost Detective series, you should do so, and this book will send you on your way.  Highly recommended.
\
I was given a copy of this book from the author and BookSprout, but this in no way influenced my review.



More on Emmie Lyn's Books:    https://www.fantasticfiction.com/l/emmie-lyn/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Cat Comes Back

The Accidental Ghost Detective Prequel Author:     Emmie Lyn Genre:      Mystery/Paranormal Digital Book ASIN #:     B0CW1H2BJN Tule Publish...